Testec LLC: Home of the ShortSniffer Short Circuit Finders.
The newly assembled prototype gizmo wouldn't start up. It took
a while, but you finally found the problem with your scope, after noticing
some signals had compromised logic levels. The continuity beeper
confirmed the diagnosis that D7 is shorted to D6, somewhere on the PC board.
All you have to do is find where the short is located. It
shouldn't be too hard, since those two lines are only parallel for 15
inches, and only 4 of those inches are under chips or on inner layers . .
No problem . . . Now, where did you put that ShortSniffer?
Click here to see the ShortSniffing
locates short circuits in electronics circuits, projects, and printed
- The original design was produced in the early 90s and has been used successfully ever
since. I compliment myself for making it, every time I rapidly
pinpoint a short.
I have even fixed shorts on inner layers of PC boards, after first verifying the location
to 1mm (radius), then drilling at that location.
- locates PCB shorts under solder mask,
components, and even on inner PCB
- non-contact (inductive) pickup wand
- pinpoint short to within 2mm radius (SS2)
- rapid location with audio feedback
- "follow the sound to the short"
- no need for relative or reference measurements
- battery operated
- diode clamped current drive, won't harm your circuitry
Note: current production is sold out. New version SS3 product is
almost finished. Engineering units may be available. Email for
- The ShortSniffer was developed for finding short circuits in electronics circuits, projects, and
printed circuit boards.
SS2 --> Follow the sound to the short. The SS2 locates
the short circuit in record time:
- Variable frequency and gain controls to accommodate for
ambient noises and various types of shorts.
- Interchangeable Pickup Heads for selecting sensitivity or better spatial
- A variety of special current injection clips to grab surface mount IC
pins and other difficult connection points.
- Headphone jack for "private listening" and easier detection of
the most difficult shorts.
Together, these features launch your success in pinpoint location
of the most difficult short circuits, including ground/power plane shorts.
ShortSniffers are usually shipped within
1 workday of order. Company Purchase Orders accepted by email or fax.
Click here to email a request
for additional information or to ask questions.
- 503-648-2682 (Pacific Time)
- Postal address
- 359 NE Hillwood Drive
- Hillsboro, OR 97124-3440 USA
- Electronic mail
General Information and Sales:
- Your privacy will be protected. We won't give your name or
information to anyone. Any private information you give to us will
only be used to support our direct business relationship with you.